A little late for a wrap up post, but here goes! Read the reviews if you want to see more about the books, my summaries here re admittedly cursory.
1. SuperFreakanomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner - economics, politics, humor and insight. Excellent book!
2. Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Really interesting stories from one of the most remarkable women alive.
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Exciting dystopian, young adult story!
4. Wings of Wrath by C.S. Friedman - Superfabulous sci-fi.
5. Devil's Teeth by Susan Casey - SHARKS.